Westport

Friday, February 19, 2010

Bittersweet


I have some very exciting news! This past week I finally got my plane ticket that's headed for Ireland! I will be leaving March 23rd. Once I heard the date, my stomach immediately dropped. I have a whirlwind of emotions. And of course the day after I found out the date that I am leaving, Melissa Brosch spoke in the High School group on how we need to express our emotions better to God, so I was really able to get in touch with those emotions, and let them all out! I feel so excited and anxious to get there and start this new journey, but I also feel nervous for what's to come and pretty sad for the amazing relationships that are in my life that are about to change. I have received so much encouragement from everyone and I am very grateful. The Lord's timing is perfect and I need to continue to trust fully in Him. This is very hard for me to do right now, so please, please, please pray for me in this. 
Thanks for reading this snip-it :)


5 comments:

  1. nikki....I am so excited for you! It is so wonderful to watch a beautiful young lady growing and maturing in the Lord and walking in His footsteps. I know that God is going to use you in a might way. You are a blessing to me and I am sure many others. Keep trusting in Him and He will continue to take care of you. He is in control at all times. I will pray that you have the peace of God as you embark on this amazing adventure!!!! I will miss your sweet smile and hugs!!! xoxo, Allison Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nik... you're always in my prayers! I am so glad you started this so now I can check you out whenever I'm missing you... which will be very often, I assure you!
    love you sister!!!! Kelly
    ps. i'll be using austin's account to talk to ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I am growing more fond of blogging now! I used to not like it, but I find it very helpful for keeping people updated! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nik! Hope you are doing great!
    Can you post your mailing address on here??

    :)

    Jade

    ReplyDelete