Westport

Monday, March 29, 2010

Hi Ya!

Hi ya, is how the Irish say hello. I am finally here in Ireland! I still can’t believe that I am here sometimes. There are so many emotions that come with moving away and starting a new adventure. Saying goodbye to all of my loving friends and my family was a very difficult thing for me. But I was blessed with an amazing send off at my goodbye party and an amazing book full of encouraging letters. I felt so much joy and love when I was being prayed over. I love the family of God! Now that I am here and away from home, I have been missing my normal and comfortable life in California. While I was journaling one night, I realized that God wants us to be out of our comfort zones. He wants us to take leaps and go for it, with Him leading the whole thing. So that is what I am doing. Surrendering everything to Him and finding my strength, home, love, and wisdom all from Him.

 

Calvary Mission in Westport is where I will be serving at for these next 2 years. Yesterday was my first Sunday there and after the service was over, they surprised me with a cake that said, “Welcome to Ireland Nikki.” It was so sweet and thoughtful! They are making me feel so welcomed and loved! I am truly excited to see what God has planned for these next 2 years. I know there will be hard times, but Christ will use all things!! 

 

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.” John 15:4

4 comments:

  1. Nikki, so exciting! I hope you are finding joy in the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you sister!!! i think it is great that God is already revealing your purpose there! I cant wait to skype you, and i wanna know how i can set that up. well love is comin your way and im praying for you always:) Gracie fell off the bed the other day:( and i did not win anything at bunco last night, but joy did.. that stinker!!thats all the latest in moscow. talk to you soon!- love, kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you Nik! All that you said is wonderful and it sounds like you are exactly in the right place both physically and spiritually. :) I love you so much and praying for you always. Love, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. When did you become such a writer? I feel like you're talking right to me! Realizing God wants us out of our comfort zone and then surrendering is a holy thing. It's so exciting to see God work through a willing vessel! I love you loving daughter
    love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete